Treasures of Montsec and Canelles DamThe great semi-virgin gorge, the second highest dam in Europe and a unique observatory in the world
Weekend to discover, watch and walk the three treasures of Noguera
The package includes:
- 2 nights accommodation in a double room to choose from: 3* Hotel Santa Maria de Bellpuig, 2* Hotel Port 912, 2* Hotel Santuari de Balaguer, L’Alcova del Firmament (HUTL000142), Apartments de la Sal, Farmhouse Masia Rural d’Àger, Cal Maciarol and Cal Comabella
- Lunch at Molí de Tartareu
- Lunch at Cal Maciarol
- Visit Observation Center of the Universe
- Excursion to Montrebei gorge (boat trip and walk)
- Visit the Canelles Dam and Energy Interpretation Centre with lunch
- Travel insurance. (See the conditions here)
The price does not include:
- All transportation service by means of the own client
Description of visits and activities:
- Excursion to Montrebei gorge by boat and by foot: The gorge of Mont-rebei forming the Noguera Ribagorçana river through the Montsec, separates Montsec Ares from Montsec Estall and is the only great gorge in Catalonia which is more or less virgin without any road, railway or power line crossing. It is only crossed by a mule track partially dug into the rock which affords a very spectacular way to this place. The walls of the gorge reach up to over 500 meters of vertical drop, with points where the minimum width of the gorge is only 20 meters. The road is the classic way of Pertusa Gorge Mont-rebei. The Aqua Bus will drive you to the hanging bridge Maçana. The return is made by walking along the road that runs along the Catalan bank of the river, past the chapel of the Pertusa, and reach the town of Corçà, where you will find your vehicle. Distance: 9Km. Difficulty: Medium-Low.
- Montsec Astronomical Park – Observation Center of the Universe: It is a unique outstanding facility in the world, it is a digital planetarium equipped with a 3D projection dome sheet, which allows you to recreate the sky at any time. Its dome 12m in diameter and the front wall is completely open so that visitors leave under the spectacular sky of Montsec. You can also visit the park of telescopes to make direct observations and enjoy the permanent exhibition.
- Canelles Dam and Interpretation Center of Energy: The dam is a hydroelectric dam by the river Noguera Ribagorçana between Catalonia and Aragon, the plant is located in Os de Balaguer and half in Estopanyà (Huesca) and half in Os de Balaguer. In a visit to the dam you can see the 151-meter high dam, the second highest in Europe and Hydro built inside the mountain, with a capacity of 150,000 PH. The Interpretation Centre for Energy and Geology is a link between the public and the scientific and technical knowledge, that brings the visitor to the world of energy, geology and the environment.
Description of accommodations:
- 3* Hotel Santa Maria de Bellpuig: It has 37 cozy rooms, all exterior with all facilities, bathroom, air conditioning, telephone, internet, and of course beautiful views of the natural surroundings. The guest house offers large spaces with unique among others and they have: Lounge (former monks’ refectory), TV room (former kitchen of the monastery), machines for coffee and other drinks, areas with reading and games, free internet access (WiFi).
- 2* Hotel Sanctuary of Sant Crist: The Sanctuary of the Saint Christ of Balaguer, surrounded by great cultural heritage like the Castle and the Archaeological Park Formós d’Almatà Plan. Up the hill from the city is characterized by offering absolute peace and tranquility offering magnificent views of the town. New construction with spacious rooms, elevator and equipped with the latest technologies.
- 2* Hotel Port 912: is situated in the vall d’Àger, the heart of the serra del Montsec, and it has a privileged location and spectacular views. Offers to meet and enjoy the peace of our environment in rooms placed following a study geopathic, looking for an optimal relaxation, facilities and a raised traditional cuisine. It includes breakfast.
- L’Alcova del Firmament (HUTL-00014): Coming from Arabic, the word refers to an interior room that used to be used as a bedroom in old houses. The Alcove consists of a double bed, free space, private bathroom, and a balcony overlooking both the town and the mountain. As a welcome gift, included a kettle with a wide assortment of teas. At 100 meters there is a municipal complex with four pools.
- Apartments de la Sal: With a traditional farming life, the Ribero family main activity is currently the agriculture and it is why they are nature lover of fields and diversity offered by Lleida. The apartment consists of: kitchen, living room with sofa and flat-screen TV, adjustable heating, air conditioning with reservation, free wifi.
- Rural Farmhouse of Àger is an old farmhouse built on a Romanesque chapel of the XI century, restored with great care by its owner, retains the original architecture typical Áger Valley. Breakfast room. Outdoor garden furniture, barbecue, porch and common pool. It has wi-fi, TV, breakfast with the territory artisans products.
- Cal Maciarol: It is a family business dedicated to hospitality with over 20 years experience in the tourism sector in the rural slope. The house is situated amidst nature, 2 km from the center of Ager and just 1 km from the Montsec Astronomical Observatory. Surrounded in a quiet, friendly service and exquisite cuisine with homemade look.
- Cal Comabella: a centennial building, cataloged and protected Art Nouveau style in the heart of the historic center of Balaguer, between the Plaza del Mercadal and the Wall Portalet. View Mercadal and Santa Maria, and a terrace on top of the wall overlooking the River Segre
Accessibility: Experience not accessible.
Price per 2 persons.
- After booking, please, contact to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- Any reservation request is subject to availability.
- The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of purchase.
- Cancellation policy: 50% of the total amount if booking less than 48 hours is canceled, 100% of the amount if canceled less than 24 hours.
- We have accommodations for groups. Special prices depending on the accommodation and number of people.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)