The Segrià, dry stone and Tossals d'AlmatretWeekend to enjoy the natural architecture; Tossals of Almatret and Dry Stone
Weekend to enjoy the architecture; the Almatret hills and dry stone.
The package includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a touristic accommodation
- Lunch at the restaurant Café 7
- Village Torrebesses guided tour that includes:
- Visiting the old church and the new church
- Dry Stone Interpretation Center
- Gallery of sculpture and heraldry of Jordi Fornós visit
- Excursion: Tossals Almatret, choosing different routes for walking, mountain bike or car.
- Travel Insurance (check the conditions here)
The price does not include:
- All transfers are made with the client’s own transport.
Description of visits and activities:
- Torrebesses guided tour:
- “Old Church”: The parish church of San Salvador is a temple of simple structure but very well maintained. Romanesque medieval appearance, the transition to Gothic. It is a good example of Romanesque of the XII century. Inside we found a stone altarpiece painted in honor of San Salvador, magnificent specimen of the century XIV-XV of the Lleida school.
- « New church« : was begun in 1869 with the drive but within a year was stopped due to heavy frosts that killed the olive trees and the people could continue to make the necessary financial contributions to the completion of the works. It is currently the Tomas Ballesté square in honor of mayor at the time that was ruined by having to pay the debts caused by the construction. Today cultural events are held during the summer season.
- Dry Stone Interpretation Center: The Dry Stone Interpretation Center, also known by its acronym CIPS, is a meeting point to discover the dry stone technique and enjoy the historical and ethnological heritage of Torrebesses . The center has a small permanent exhibition on dry stone and a temporary exhibition
- Tossals Almatret: The Tossals of Almatret emplaced on the broad waters of the Ebre, on the southern edge of the Confluence-the confluence of the Segre, Cinca and Ebre-. This is a natural area of pronounced buttresses covered with white pine understory of continental maquis. Tight form an island of pine forests in an environment characterized by arid environments opposite maquis and scrub. This area of natural interest was protected in 1992 by the Generalitat of Catalonia to safeguard these forest communities so scarce in the Ebro basin, fauna and flora of great biogeographical importance hosting and particularly landscapes of great beauty where the steep green slopes and inaccessible forests falling on blue meandering Ebre Delta Road. Different itineraries to choose to go walking, mountain bike or car.
Description of accommodation and catering services:
- Castell Palau de Torrebesses (HUTL-30604): It is more than a thousand years old house that crowns the pretty village of Torrebesses. The Castle-Palace Torrebesses stands on the remains of an earlier Arab castle, which over the years was the refuge of gentlemen Templars, and its feudal past, four centuries ago, hosted the monks of Scala Dei. It has been recently renovated and opened to the public as tourist accommodation and space for celebrations. It has a capacity of 12-15 people. It has a double room, a bedroom and two rooms for four people, three bathrooms, private parking, garden, barbecue, fully equipped kitchen, large living room and game room.
- Restaurant Café 7: Café 7 is a restaurant located in the center of the village of Torrebesses, which offers traditional cuisine with homemade meals and proximity products.
- The experience is not accessible.
*Accommodations and special rates for groups.
**Price per person. Minimum 2 persons.
- Once you have purchased the package please send email to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the reservation and check the availability.
- All booking is on request subject to availability.
- The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of your purchase.
- 50% of the total amount if you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours
- 100% of the amount if you cancel with less than 24 hours.
*We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)