Stargazing experience in Montsec
A première vue
Dining with a weekend visit to the Centre of Montsec observations of the Universe (space with Starlight certificated by UNESCO)
Housing, visit Observatory Montsec tasting and dinner in a restaurant Km.0 of dishes typical of the area.
The package includes:
- 1 night accommodation in double room to choose.
- Tasting dinner of Km.0 products in a restaurant typical of the area.
- Visit the Observation Center of the Universe (COU).
- Visit to choose from one of the attractions of the territory: Collegiate St. Peter Ager, Seró Transmitterr, Monastery of Les Avellanes, Castle of Montsonís, Epicenter Visitor Center, Center of Invigoration of Historical Heritage, House Bonifaci, Cave of Vilars, Interpretation Centre of Gold of Segre.
- Touristic information and official map of the territory.
- Travel Insurance (check the conditions here)
As a trip and a special gift:
- Visit to Os de Balaguer castle and Campanes de Catalunya (Bells of Catalonia) museum. Every Sunday at 13h. Check other visiting hours.
- A discount voucher to be spent in an agriculture products shop in Os de Balaguer.
The price does not include:
- Transportation service by means of the client.
Sights and Excursions Descriptions. Price included in the tourist package:
- Observation Centre of the Universe (COU): The Observation Centre of the Universe is an exceptional multimedia installation in Europe. It consists of one folding dome where you can project movies or documentaries complete dome format and also you can watch the sky through the pictures taken by a telescope of 30 cm diameter installed in the dome itself. Moreover, you can visit the telescopes park that allows you to observe directly the sky and enjoy the permanent exhibition. Opening hours: Several tours. Every day in summer. Web: <http://blogs.elpais.com/viajero-astuto/2012/05/los-mejores-sitios-para-ver-estrellas-.html>
- Os de Balaguer Castle: On the top of a hill, which dominates the village Os de Balaguer arises the old fortified Castle ‘Os Malignum Castrum’.If formed part of a defending line composed by several castles, among others it counted with: Àger, Albesa, Almenar, Alguerri, Alguaire, Castelló de Farfanya, Corbins, Llorenç, Santa Linya and Os de Balaguer itself. Opening hours: Sunday at 13h. Consult other schedules.
- Museu de Campanes de Catalunya (Catalunya Bells museum): It is a museum where visitants are told about the characteristics and musical tunes of the bells and also about the ancient craft of Ringer that was learnt in the past, as well as, the important role of this job in the daily life of a village. It is the only museum where the visitant can experience by himself the bells ringing. The museum is found inside the castle. Opening hours: Sunday 13:00h. Consult other schedules.
- Agrobotiga i Celler Artesanal d’Os de Balaguer (Agro and Winery Craft Shop Os de Balaguer): At the foot of the Sierra Os, surrounded by plateaus of almonds trees, cereals and olive trees, and on a hill by the upwards road which leads to the villa Balaguer, it is located the Molí del Pau, a mill that offers a variety of products such as artisan olives, nuts, honey, wine, cured meats, spirits, cheeses and nougats, as well as an small craft winery famous for its « ratafía » spirits, wines and cava craft (Catalan champagne), which just produces 4.000 bottles a year.
Highlights of the territory. You can freely choose 1 place of interest, among which are below:
- Collegiate St. Pere of Àger: It is a monumental complex formed by the walled city, the castle and the canons of the monastery of the XI century. It has recently been restored.
- Montsonís Castle: A great strength that retains all the splendor and elegance of times past, built on top of the quiet little village of Montsonís, surrounded by fertile land with wonderful views.
- Monastery of Avellanes: The monastery of Santa Maria de Bellpuig de les Avellanes is an ancient abbey of canons governed by the Order of St. Augustine. It is in the municipality of Os de Balaguer in the county of Noguera. It was declared Artistic Historical Monument in 1931. The Monastery offers the possibility of enjoying a former twelfth century abbey adapted to the needs of the XXI century.
- Centre for Promotion of Historical Heritage: It is a project that wants to boost territorial highlight and promote the heritage archaeological, paleontological, architectural and cultural heritage of the municipality of Avellanes and Santa Linya. The center has three floors. The ground floor is dedicated to paleontology and the origins of the earth. The first floor is dedicated to archeology, and the second floor is intended for a multipurpose space, where photographic exhibitions and an auditorium.
- Seró Space Transmitter: You can see seven stars burial almost 5000 years old, unique to the Peninsula for its anthropomorphic decoration. The building has been built to protect and present the megalithic tomb almost 5,000 years old and serves as the interpretive center.
- Epicentre Visitor Center: It is the nerve center of the tourist information about the region and the space where the values of their cultural and natural heritage. It offers an engaging experience cultural entertainment, shows and attractions in the region and encourages visitors to discover its landscapes, historical heritage, resources, products and services. It is a space must-see for anyone who wants to know the Pallars Jussà know what the options are for visits and activities and enjoy local products and tourism.
- Bonifaci House: This is the house in the Plaza Mayor which was inhabited by the Boniface family since the mid-nineteenth century. It is intended that from space-Boniface Museum House Llimiana can, firstly, provide an overview of the history and lineage of Llimiana Boniface, and another, explained the biography of Josep Bonifaci Mora Llimiana a child with a medical history and important policy during the Spanish civil war and the Franco years most of a long exile in different European countries.
- Cave of the Vilars: It is a cave formed at the base of the Eocene limestone, about 12 meters wide and 8 deep and 3.5 high. In total may count twenty-nine figures made with simple lines and flat colors; the colors used are black, used in four of all representations preserved and reddish.
- Gold Interpretation Centre of Segre: The Interpretation Centre Oro del Segre is a place located in the building next to the mill on the left beyond the journey through the history of the exploitation of gold in the river Segre and invites visitor to experience the real gold prospectors.
- Mur Castle: Castle Wall, their architecture and condition, becomes the emblem of the border castles of the Catalan counties. The architectural structure of the castle is very simple, has a plant concentrated, enclosed by a perimeter wall with a round tower as a central element of the whole military. The plant has a triangular shape of the site, it should be noted that at no time has angles, even the walls have rounded corners. The castle sits on a rocky cliff.
- Alcova del Firmament (HUTL-000142): Accommodation with bedroom type sleeping alcove, free space, bathroom and balcony. Includes TV, music, an assortment of free teas and free use of bicycles. Displacement on foot to all the activities of the town..
- Country house in Àger: Very close to the Montsec Astronomical Park of great tranquillity and with charming owners.
- Hotel Terradets 3 *: Family hotel complex located in the Pallars Jussà region on the banks of the Terradets reservoir, at the foot of the Serra del Montsec. It is an excellent environment for getaways with family, friends or couples, to enjoy the various activities related to nature. It has a swimming pool.
- Santa Maria de Bellpuig Monastery: Hospice in a monastery. Located in a natural environment of forests, gardens and vineyards. Ideal to enjoy a peaceful rest. Includes breakfast buffet. There is no pool or TV in the rooms. 5 minutes by car from the centre of Os de Balaguer and only 20 minutes by car from the Observatory.
- Balaguer Monastery Hotel: It is located in an incomparable setting, next to the church of Sant Crist de Balaguer and surrounded by great cultural heritage such as the Castell Formós and the Archaeological Park of the Pla d’Almatà. This cosy hotel, located on the hill of the city, is characterized by peace and absolute quietness, offering magnificent views of the town.
- Loft Castelló: it is located in the charming village of Castelló de Farfanya, in the Serra del Montsec. It has several atmospheres, living room with fireplace and television, of great warmth and comfort. It is a great place to enjoy a family stay in a place of calm and silence. The house has an equipped kitchen and a direct lift to the living room.
- Tour guides are in Catalan, Spanish and English
- The experience is not accessible.
Price per person. Minimum 2 persons.
- Once you have purchased the package please send email to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the reservation and check the availability.
- All booking is on request subject to availability.
- The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of your purchase.
- Cancellation Charges: 50% of the total amount if you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours, 100% of the amount if you cancel with less than 24 hours.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
Plus d'informations sur l'organisateur de l'expérience
Les temps sont difficiles pour le secteur des loisirs...
Stargazing experience in Montsec
Soutenez les producteurs locaux
Prix final sans surprise
Achetez en ligne et évitez les agglomérations
Nous sommes l'organisme officel de promotion du tourisme de la Catalogne
Stargazing experience in Montsec
Sélectionnez le nombre de participants