Persecuted and Saved routes - The freedom trailFreedom Trail itinerary essential to live and feel a part of the history of the twentieth century more closely
Cultural hiking to revive and feel closer to a part of the history of the 20th century discovering the border's paths used during the twentieth-century wars, the before and the after, situated in natural parks of Pallars Sobirà and Ariège-France.The Pyrenean border, far from being a barrier, has historically been for people of both countries a territory of connection and exchange and a path of freedom. For several years (1936-1945), the passage of the border became a vital objective for thousands of victims of wars and repression. During 6h. we will move to the past and to the other side of the Pyrenees, Occitania-France, crossing on foot through the mountain ports used by the fugitives of dictatorships on both sides, discovering the most emblematic stories and places, another country, another language, other traditions ... An epic that must be remembered to influence the need to protect peace and democracy.
The price includes:
- Transport by vehicle to the point of departure and from the point of arrival (300km approx)
The price does not include:
- Meals en route
June 1st - September 30th. Every day at 8.00h
Duration: 12h (6h. On foot)
|October 1st - May 31st|
- Catalan, Spanish, French and English
- At 7.45h. In the street Dr. Agusti Muxi Y Monroset, 6, E-25560 Sort, Lleida (SomRiu)
- Recommended route for people accustomed to walking by mountain. Not accessible for people with reduced mobility or cardiovascular problems.
We recommend long trousers, mountain shoes, walking sticks, 1.5 l. Water and food for 2 meals.
- The voucher is valid for the day and time booked.
- Deliver the voucher printed the day and time booked at the meeting point (at 7.45 am in the street Dr. Agusti Muxi and Monroset, 6, E-25560 Sort, Lleida "SomRiu")
- Organiser: Return of 100% or a change in schedule for an alternative day wil be proposed
- Costumer: 50% return if canceled at least 48 hours in advance