Mines of high mountain in the Val d'AranThe miners of high mountain in the Aran Valley, an ideal family adventure
Mines that they remind us of the mining step of this territory. Roads of miners and smugglers. The « bocard » or laundries. An ideal family adventure to live.
– Victoria mine: Mining of high mountain that has been recovered so we can make a fun hiking route and learn a little more about mining in the area. The route will allow us to discover the harsh working conditions of miners during the first half of the century XX. It is a bucolic route, between meadows, canals, forests of black pine and spectacular views. And at the end, we will enjoy a picnic next to the « raft of Arras » and we will distinguish the offspring of newts (endemic to the Pyrenees) of common tadpoles.
– Liat mines: For photography lovers. The most important mining activity of the Valle de Aran. Today you can visit the complex freely and the infrastructure, including the mine basics elements of working which are still in place, giving us the possibility to imagine all this mining complex in fully operational and in a really fascinating place. You will observe the Liat Long lake to our feet and numerous peaks around with Mauberme, its 2.880m.
- Day 1: Arrival: Welcome in hotel or in our office and delivery of all the information relating to your stay.
- Day 2: Morning: Victory mines and picnic next to the Bassa d´Arres. Afternoon: « Bocard » of Bossòst
- Day 3: Morning: Liat mines of with safari. Picnic. Afternoon: Canejan Bocard and « The Honeria »
The package includes:
- 3 days/2nights acccommodation in quadruple room or apartment in 3* hotel (Bed&Breakfast) or 3* aparthotel (accommodation only)
- Visit to the Victory mine
- Visit to the Liat mines
- Service of guide credited for their activities
- Entrance to the Romanesque churches
- Civil liability insurance (CR) and insurance of accidents and personal injuries during the activity (consult conditions here)
- We have baby carriers
The package does not include:
- Spanish, English, French, Catalan and Aranes
- The experience is not accessible to people with reduced mobility.
*Price per persone on basis of 2 adults + 2 children
- Once your purchase, please contact Exciting Events, SL. to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- The cancellation policy:
- All cancellations must be notified in writting to Exciting Events SL.
- All cancellations is going to have a penalty of: 48h. prior of the services: no refund. 3 prior of the services: 25% refund. 5 prior of the services: 50% refund. 7 prior of the services: 80% refund. 10 prior of the services: 100% refund.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)