Gaudí Exhibition Center - Walking with GaudíThe Gaudí Exhibition Center, unique pieces and surprising models that get mixed with the innovative look of audio visual installations
The Gaudí Exhibition Center offers Walking with Gaudí, an essential visit to understand the brilliant architect.
You will discover original pieces as well as models and digital unique and valuable creations, the fruit of research for many years of international scientists. You will also see which was his influences when he was creating, sharing his thoughts and his word. You will be able to admire the different emotions worlds which coexist in his work and you will find the hidden secrets
Presented is nearly a century of international research on Gaudí: on the man and his work, and on his revolutionary working methods. Space shines a spotlight on one of the great architects and artists of the history of mankind, ensuring the promotion and dissemination of his innovative legacy.
Gaudí Exhibition Center:
A new space situated in the recently reformed Museu Diocesà of Barcelona as well as having the scientific assessment of the Gaudí Research Institute and the technical support of Samsung. It is a complete collection of pieces, objects and documents which will help to uncover the genius of this most universal of architects.
The tour is a daring and vast amalgam of original documents, unique pieces and surprising models that get mixed with the innovative look of audio-visual installations, holograms and peculiar scenographies.
The virtual reality space:
Thanks to the collaboration of Samsung, technological partner of Gaudí Exhibition Center, it is now possible to travel to the past and meet with Gaudí himself with the Gear VR glasses.
The Gaudí Exhibition Center is found in the medieval Pia Almoina building, located next to the Cathedral in the heart of Barcelona and it remains from the previous structures are still visible, including a tower and fragments of the 4th-century wall and a pre-Romanesque capital.
The price includes:
- Museum entrance
- Audio guide in Catalan, Spanish, English, French, Italian, German, Russian, Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Virtual reality experience
- Welcome Tours (Micro guides tours)
The price does not include:
- Guided tour (3€)
- Open all year
- Summer schedule: (01/04 - 31/09) from 10 am to 8 pm
- Winter schedule: (01/10 - 30/03) from 10 am to 7 pm.
- Closed: 25/12
- Activity duration: 1 h approx.
- The Gaudí Exhibition Center: Pla de la Seu, 7, Barcelona (in front of the Barcelona Cathedral)
- Most of the building’s spaces are adapted for people with reduced mobility. There are lifts and platform stairlifts. In order to use them, just request to do so from the staff at the Museum’s entrance. the wheelchair entrance is through the gift shop, located at Avinguda de la Catedral, 4
- The museum does not have support staff
- Guide dogs are allowed in the building and the galleries
- Accessible restrooms.
- The voucher is valid for the day and the hour booked.
- Redeem the printed voucher at the meeting point (The Gaudí Exhibition Center (Pla de la Seu, 7. Barcelona).
- The last entry will be 45 minutes before the Museum closes (depending on the schedule).
- If buying a special rate, it has to show the accreditation at the time of redeeming the printed voucher.
- No refund in case of cancellation.