Congost de Montrebei, Noguera's treasuresThe great semi-virgin gorge, the second highest dam in Europe and a unique observatory in the world.
The Great Gorge semi-virgin, the second highest dam in Europe and a unique observatory in the world.
The package includes
- 2 nights in a double room with breakfast in the chosen accommodation
- Lunch and dinner in a traditional cuisine restaurant
- Visit the Canelles Dome and Interpretation Centre of Energy
- Visit the Interpretation Centre of the Universe
- Excursions to the gorge of Montrebei (boat trip return walking)
- Travel Insurance. (Check the conditions here)
The price does not include:
- All transfers are made with the client’s own transport.
Description of visits and activities:
- Canelles dam and Interpretation Center of Energy: it is a hydroelectric dam located in the basin of the Noguera Ribagorçana river between Catalonia and Aragon, the centre is located in Os de Balaguer and the dam is half in Estopanyà (Huesca) and half in Os de Balaguer. During the visit to the dam, you can see the 151meter high dam, the second highest in Europe and the Hydroelectric Central built inside the mountain, with an output of 150,000 hp. The Interpretation Centre of Energy and Geology of Canelles is a link between the public and the scientific and technical knowledge, which brings the visitor to the world of energy, geology and the natural environment.
- Montsec Astronomical Park Observation Center of the Universe: It is a unique outstanding facility in the world, with a digital planetarium equipped with a 3D projection dome sheet, which recreates the sky at any time. Its dome is 12m in diameter and the front wall is completely open so that visitors are under the sky of Montsec. You can also visit the park of the telescopes to make direct observations and enjoy the permanent exhibition.
- Excursion to Congost of Montrebei by boat and on foot: The gorge of Montrebei which creates Noguera Ribagorçana river crossing the Montsec, separates Montsec of Ares and Montsec of Estall, and is the only great gorge in Catalonia that is more or less virgin without the roads, railway or power line. It is only crossed by a mule track partially dug into the rock which affords a spectacular way to this place. The walls of the gorge reach up to over 500 meters of vertical drop, with points where the minimum width of the gorge is only 20 meters. The path of Pertusa is the classic way of Montrebei gorge. The Aqua Bus will drive you to the Suspension Bridge Maçana. The return can stroll along the path that runs along the Catalan side of the river that passes through the hermitage of Pertusa and reaches the town of Corçà, where you will find your vehicle. Distance: 9km. Difficulty: MediumLow
Description of the accommodation and restaurants
- La Sal Apartments: The apartment has equipped kitchen, dining room with sofa and flat screen TV, adjustable heating, air conditioning with reservation, free WIFI Internet connection.
- Alcova del Firmament (HUTL-000142): Accommodation with bedroom type sleeping alcove, free space, bathroom and balcony. Includes TV, music, an assortment of free teas and free use of bicycles. Displacement on foot to all the activities of the town.
- Country house in Àger: Very close to the Montsec Astronomical Park of great tranquillity and with charming owners.
- Santa Maria de Bellpuig Monastery: Hospice in a monastery. Located in a natural environment of forests, gardens and vineyards. Ideal to enjoy a peaceful rest. Includes breakfast buffet. There is no pool or TV in the rooms. 5 minutes by car from the centre of Os de Balaguer and only 20 minutes by car from the Observatory.
- Balaguer Monastery Hotel: It is located in an incomparable setting, next to the church of Sant Crist de Balaguer and surrounded by great cultural heritage such as the Castell Formós and the Archaeological Park of the Pla d’Almatà. This cosy hotel, located on the hill of the city, is characterized by peace and absolute quietness, offering magnificent views of the town.
- Loft de castelló: It is located in the charming village of Castelló de Farfanya, in the Sierra del Montsec. It has several environments, living room with fireplace and television, great warmth and comfort. It is a magnificent space to enjoy a family stay in a place of calm and silence. The house has an equipped kitchen and direct elevator to the ranch.
- The experience is not accessible.
Accommodations and special rates for groups.
Price per person. Minimum 2 persons
- Once you have purchased the package please send email to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the reservation and check the availability.
- All booking is on request subject to availability. The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of your purchase.
- 50% of the total amount if you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours, 100% of the amount if you cancel with less than 24 hours.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)