This Policy is intended to provide the relevant information, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council, dated 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Personal Data (General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR) and any additional applicable regulations concerning the protection of personal data of natural persons (hereinafter the “Data Subjects”) whose personal data is processed by the Catalan Tourist Board (hereinafter the “ACT”) to achieve its objectives.
Data Controller Catalan
Address: Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 08008 Barcelona, (Spain)
Tel: + 34 934 849 900
Fax: +34 934 849 888
You can contact our Data Processor at the postal address, Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 08008 Barcelona (Spain) or via the following email address: email@example.com
Personal data processed by the ACT
- Identification and contact details of professionals, companies and organizations in the tourism sector
- Identification and contact details of users, interested parties and/or consumers of the products and services offered by the ACT
- Identification, academic, professional and contact details of people interested in applying for grants, competitions or the ACT’s job bank
We never process special personal data categories.
The ACT processes the personal data of Data Subjects in order to achieve our objectives, as established in Law 15/2007 of 5 December 2007 on the Catalan Tourist Board.
The Catalan Tourist Board’s main objective is to promote Catalonia as a leading international tourist destination in accordance with its diversity, quality and social and economic profitability.
Among other aspects, this includes:
- Promoting tourism in line with the needs of existing and potential tourists, sector professionals and other intermediaries involved directly or indirectly in the tourism sector;
- Seeking maximum collaboration between all tourism agents regarding the promotion of tourism, in both the public and private sectors;
- Providing information about the tourism products in Catalonia and disseminating this information; and
- Seeking maximum exposure for all communication and advertising campaigns.
In this context, the personal data of Data Subjects are processed in order to notify them of any information related to the activities of the ACT and/or the competent departments of the Government of Catalonia in relation to the promotion of tourism in Catalonia.
The processing of personal data by the ACT is generally based on fulfilling the objectives of the promotion and development of the tourism sector in Catalonia, which the ACT pursues as a mission of public interest.
However, depending on the context, the ACT may also process data based on other conditions, such as:
- When the Data Subject has given their consent (for example, to subscribe to newsletters).
- Because this processing is necessary to execute a contract in which the Data Subject, the company or organization they represent is a party (given that the ACT may undertake its activities through agreements, associations, foundations or other forms of collaboration with public or private entities). When the user contracts products or services through platforms such as Experience Catalunya;
- When the processing is necessary to fulfil a mission in the interest of the public or to exercise the public powers conferred on the ACT by Law 15/2007 on the Catalan Tourist Board and by Decree 192/2009 approving the Statutes of the Catalan Tourist Board. (For example, undertaking promotional actions that help to showcase Catalonia as a leading tourist destination, or when seeking the maximum collaboration among all tourist agents associated with a promotional action).
- The need to comply with legal obligations (for example, tax or labour obligations related to ACT personnel, or requests to access information in the public domain in compliance with transparency laws)
To the extent necessary to achieve the objectives of the ACT, it may share Data Subjects’ personal data with other recipients:
- The Ministry of the Government of Catalonia responsible for tourism, and other Catalan government departments
- Public administrations, in order to strictly comply with the legal obligations incumbent upon the ACT in relation to its activities
- Sector professionals, travel agencies and other intermediaries involved either directly or indirectly with the tourism sector in both the public and private sectors
Data transfer to other countries
Whenever we transfer personal data to recipients located in other countries that do not have a regulation equivalent to the European one, we do so with the relevant guarantees, which may consist of:
- Legally binding and enforceable instruments between public authorities or organizations;
- Signed agreements that contain standard data protection clauses adopted by the European authorities responsible for data protection matters;
- The ACT may adhere to codes of conduct for the tourism sector and/or obtain certification mechanisms to obtain the adequate guarantees regarding data protection.
- Other adequate guarantees pursuant to the General Data Protection
Data storage period
Your data will be stored:
- only for as long as it is necessary to achieve the specific purpose for which they were obtained in the corresponding context;
- while a relationship with the ACT still exists: and/or
- for the time necessary to prove compliance with the legal or contractual obligations of the ACT, which may be associated with a legal statute of
Rights of the Data
Data Subjects may exercise their rights to access, rectification, erasure and portability of their data, and restriction and/or opposition to its processing, by writing to the Data Controller at the postal address or email given above, and have the right to file a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority (APDCat) via their E-Services Portal (http://apdcat.gencat.cat/en).