This Policy is intended to provide the relevant information, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679, of the European Parliament and of the Council, dated 27 April 2016 on the Protection of Personal Data (General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR) and any additional applicable regulations concerning the protection of personal data of natural persons (hereinafter the “Data Subjects”) whose personal data is processed by the Catalan Tourist Board (hereinafter the “ACT”) to achieve its objectives.
Data Controller Catalan
Address: Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 08008 Barcelona, (Spain)
Tel: + 34 934 849 900
Fax: +34 934 849 888
You can contact our Data Processor at the postal address, Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 08008 Barcelona (Spain) or via the following email address: email@example.com
Personal data processed by the ACT
- Identification and contact details of professionals, companies and organizations in the tourism sector
- Identification and contact details of users, interested parties and/or consumers of the products and services offered by the ACT
- Identification, academic, professional and contact details of people interested in applying for grants, competitions or the ACT’s job bank
We never process special personal data categories.
The ACT processes the personal data of Data Subjects in order to achieve our objectives, as established in Law 15/2007 of 5 December 2007 on the Catalan Tourist Board.
The Catalan Tourist Board’s main objective is to promote Catalonia as a leading international tourist destination in accordance with its diversity, quality and social and economic profitability.
Among other aspects, this includes:
- Promoting tourism in line with the needs of existing and potential tourists, sector professionals and other intermediaries involved directly or indirectly in the tourism sector;
- Seeking maximum collaboration between all tourism agents regarding the promotion of tourism, in both the public and private sectors;
- Providing information about the tourism products in Catalonia and disseminating this information; and
- Seeking maximum exposure for all communication and advertising campaigns.
In this context, the personal data of Data Subjects are processed in order to notify them of any information related to the activities of the ACT and/or the competent departments of the Government of Catalonia in relation to the promotion of tourism in Catalonia.
The processing of personal data by the ACT is generally based on fulfilling the objectives of the promotion and development of the tourism sector in Catalonia, which the ACT pursues as a mission of public interest.
However, depending on the context, the ACT may also process data based on other conditions, such as:
- When the Data Subject has given their consent (for example, to subscribe to newsletters).
- Because this processing is necessary to execute a contract in which the Data Subject, the company or organization they represent is a party (given that the ACT may undertake its activities through agreements, associations, foundations or other forms of collaboration with public or private entities). When the user contracts products or services through platforms such as Experience Catalunya;
- When the processing is necessary to fulfil a mission in the interest of the public or to exercise the public powers conferred on the ACT by Law 15/2007 on the Catalan Tourist Board and by Decree 192/2009 approving the Statutes of the Catalan Tourist Board. (For example, undertaking promotional actions that help to showcase Catalonia as a leading tourist destination, or when seeking the maximum collaboration among all tourist agents associated with a promotional action).
- The need to comply with legal obligations (for example, tax or labour obligations related to ACT personnel, or requests to access information in the public domain in compliance with transparency laws)
To the extent necessary to achieve the objectives of the ACT, it may share Data Subjects’ personal data with other recipients:
- The Ministry of the Government of Catalonia responsible for tourism, and other Catalan government departments
- Public administrations, in order to strictly comply with the legal obligations incumbent upon the ACT in relation to its activities
- Sector professionals, travel agencies and other intermediaries involved either directly or indirectly with the tourism sector in both the public and private sectors
Data transfer to other countries
Whenever we transfer personal data to recipients located in other countries that do not have a regulation equivalent to the European one, we do so with the relevant guarantees, which may consist of:
- Legally binding and enforceable instruments between public authorities or organizations;
- Signed agreements that contain standard data protection clauses adopted by the European authorities responsible for data protection matters;
- The ACT may adhere to codes of conduct for the tourism sector and/or obtain certification mechanisms to obtain the adequate guarantees regarding data protection.
- Other adequate guarantees pursuant to the General Data Protection
Data storage period
Your data will be stored:
- only for as long as it is necessary to achieve the specific purpose for which they were obtained in the corresponding context;
- while a relationship with the ACT still exists: and/or
- for the time necessary to prove compliance with the legal or contractual obligations of the ACT, which may be associated with a legal statute of
Rights of the Data
Data Subjects may exercise their rights to access, rectification, erasure and portability of their data, and restriction and/or opposition to its processing, by writing to the Data Controller at the postal address or email given above, and have the right to file a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority (APDCat) via their E-Services Portal (http://apdcat.gencat.cat/en).
General conditions of the sale of tourist services
These tourist services are not provided by the Catalan Tourism Board, but by the company organising the experience, which appears in each offer. These companies are responsible for the correct provision of the service.
These general conditions regulate the sale of tourist services marketed through this platform, except for package holidays, which have their own general sales conditions corresponding to the travel agencies where they are sold.
The Catalan Tourism Board, the contact data for which is given below, offers these tourist products and services to users in order to promote and encourage tourism in Catalonia.
Catalan Tourism Board
Paseo de Gràcia, 105, 3.ª planta 08008-Barcelona
Telephone: (0034) 93 4849900
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00
Sales are understood to take place on each vendor’s company premises, and the act of purchasing through this site implies acceptance of the general and specific conditions. The language of the contract is website language at the time of entering into the contract.
You can change your profile information whenever you wish.
1. Purchase process:
The contract process consists of several steps:
One: To enter into the contract you must first be registered.
Two: When you have a username and password, you may choose services.
Three: Within a maximum of 24 hours, the platform sends an email to the user, confirming the contract. The email assigns a reference code to the purchase and lists the characteristics of the service.
Four: The tourist agency will archive the electronic documents formalising the contract between the user and the service provider.
2. Payment system:
The purchases made on this website, using credit cards or transfers from any Spanish or international financial entity in which the identity of the cardholder is authenticated, are managed by the different banking entities. In general, all payments must be made in euros, regardless of the payment system and country of origin of the purchase.
An invoice will be issued by the service provider after the sale if you require one
3. Claims and returns:
Consumers in the European Union have the legal right to cancel the contract within 14 days.
This right may be exercised via this form:
Waiver form (this form should only be filled in and presented if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
– For the attention of the Tourism Department. Generalitat de Catalunya (Autonomous Government of Catalonia) Catalan Tourist Board. S-0800470-G Passeig de Gràcia, 105, 3r planta, E-08008-Barcelona. Telephone: (0034) 934 849 900
Contact e-mail address: email@example.com
Mr/Ms………………………………with ID no…………………………….. Mr/Ms………………………………with ID no…………………………….. Mr/Ms………………………………with ID no…………………………….. Mr/Ms………………………………with ID no……………………………..
– I/we confirm that we hereby withdraw from the contract ……………….
For logistics and service provision reasons, the contract cannot be cancelled less than 20 days before the service is due.
The user will not have the right to cancel in the cases set forth by the regulations, and particularly in the following cases: (i) accommodation, transport, meals or leisure services (for example, shows, games, ceremonies, concerts and plays, among others), when they are for a given date or period; (ii) clearly personalised products, or which due to their nature cannot be returned or which can deteriorate or expire quickly; (iii) sound or video recordings, records and computer programmes which have been unwrapped, as well as computer files delivered online which can be downloaded or reproduced immediately for permanent use; (iv) daily newspapers, periodicals and magazines. Cancellation will mean the amount paid is reimbursed.
4. Customer services
For any incident or claim the best method is for the user to send an email to the address given in the contact.
As a consumer, you can ask for claims forms at the service provider’s business premises or download them at http://www.consum.cat/doc/doc_62342195_2.pdf
5. Applicable law and jurisdiction
Any dispute regarding the interpretation or execution which may arise between you and the service provider regarding the validity, interpretation, fulfilment or termination of this contract will be subject to the courts of the City of Barcelona, if the purchaser is a company.
In the case of a consumer, the service provider will submit to the consumer’s home jurisdiction.
This document is archived in our computer system as accreditation of the purchase process and may easily be downloaded from the website whenever you wish.
6. Resolution of conflicts
The Catalan Tourist Board has an active policy for the resolution of conflicts which places its service at the disposal of the customer.
We hereby inform that, in accordance with Art. 14.1 of EU Regulation 524-2013, the European Commission has provided an online platform for the resolution of disputes which can be accessed via the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr. Nevertheless, the Catalan Tourist Board will decide for each case whether or not to apply this system, since it considers that conflicts can and should be resolved outside this sphere, and therefore recommend that our own customer service system be used before a complaint is made.
- The voucher is valid for the day and time booked.
- Deliver the voucher printed the day and time booked at the meeting point (at 8.45 am in the street Dr Agusti Muxi and Monroset, 6, E-25560 Sort, Lleida “SomRiu”)
- Organiser: Return of 100% or a change in schedule for an alternative day wil be proposed
- Costumer: 50% return if cancelled at least 48 hours in advance