Treasures of Montsec and Bells Museum of CataloniaThe great semi-virgin gorge, the bells museum of Catalunya and a unique observatory in the world.
Weekend to discover, watch and wander treasures Noguera
The package includes:
- 2 nights in double room in accommodation to choose
- Entrance to the Observation Center of the Universe, unique in Europe
- Projection in the Eye of Montsec. Planetarium with 3D technology and sliding dome
- Excursion to the Congost de Montrebei (going by boat and back on foot)
- Dinner tasting of dishes Km. 0 in a typical restaurant in the area.
- Visit to the Campanas de Catalunya Museum
- Anecdotal walk by Balaguer
- Visit to the Castle Os Malignum Castrum
- Gift souvenir of Os de Balaguer and discount tickets for agrotienda
- Food in a traditional cuisine restaurant
- Travel insurance (see the conditions here)
The price does not include:
- All transportation service by means of the own client
Description of visits and activities:
- Excursion to Montrebei gorge by boat and by foot: The gorge of Montrebei forming the Noguera Ribagorçana river through the Montsec, separates Montsec Ares from Montsec Estall and is the only great gorge in Catalonia which is more or less virgin without any road, railway or power line crossing. It is only crossed by a mule track partially dug into the rock which affords a very spectacular way to this place. The walls of the gorge reach up to over 500 meters of vertical drop, with points where the minimum width of the gorge is only 20 meters. The road is the classic way of Pertusa Gorge Montrebei. The Aqua Bus will drive you to the hanging bridge Maçana. The return is made by walking along the road that runs along the Catalan bank of the river, past the chapel of the Pertusa, and reach the town of Corçà, where you will find your vehicle. Distance: 9Km. Difficulty: MediumLow.
- Montsec Astronomical Park Observation Center of the Universe: It is a unique outstanding facility in the world, it is a digital planetarium equipped with a 3D projection dome sheet, which allows you to recreate the sky at any time. Its dome 12m in diameter and the front wall is completely open so that visitors leave under the spectacular sky of Montsec. You can also visit the park of telescopes to make direct observations and enjoy the permanent exhibition.
- Guided tour of Os de Balaguer: Guided tour of a wine cellar and artisan liquor shop of Os de Balaguer with wine products; anecdotal walk through the village (president of Costa Rica, great great grandmother of Messi, sotinyes, phylloxera and emigration); visit to “Os Malignum Castrum” (the unconquerable castle) and the Bells Museum of Catalonia. A souvenir gift of Os de Balaguer and discount tickets for farm shop and wine cellar will be included.
Description of accommodation:
- Loft Castelló: The Loft Castellón is located in the charming village of Castelló de Farfanya, in the Sierra del Montsec. It has several environments, living room with fireplace and television, great warmth and comfort. It is a magnificent space to enjoy a family stay in a place of calm and silence. The house has an equipped kitchen and direct elevator to the ranch.
- Hotel Santuari de Balaguer: Located in an incomparable historical setting, surrounded by great cultural heritage such as the Castillo Hermoso and the Archaeological Park of the Almatà Plan. Magnificent views of Balaguer, the Segre River and the Noguera region. Includes breakfast buffet. It has TV in the rooms. A 10-minute walk from the center of Balaguer and a 25-minute drive from the Observatory.
- Santa Maria de Bellpuig Monastery: Hospice in a monastery. Located in a natural environment of forests, gardens and vineyards. Ideal to enjoy a peaceful rest. Includes breakfast buffet. There is no pool or TV in the rooms. 5 minutes by car from the center of Os de Balaguer and only 20 minutes by car from the Observatory.
- L’Alcova del Firmament (HUTL00014): Coming from Arabic, the word refers to an interior room that used to be used as a bedroom in old houses. The Alcove consists of a double bed, free space, private bathroom, and a balcony overlooking both the town and the mountain. As a welcome gift, included a kettle with a wide assortment of teas. At 100 meters there is a municipal complex with four pools.
- Apartments de la Sal: With a traditional farming life, the Ribero family main activity is currently the agriculture and it is why they are nature lover of fields and diversity offered by Lleida. The apartment consists of: kitchen, living room with sofa and flatscreen TV, adjustable heating, air conditioning with reservation, free wifi.
- Rural Farmhouse of Àger is an old farmhouse built on a Romanesque chapel of the XI century, restored with great care by its owner, retains the original architecture typical Áger Valley. Breakfast room. Outdoor garden furniture, barbecue, porch and common pool. It has wifi, TV, breakfast with the territory artisans products.
- Experience not accessible
Price per 2 persons
Term and conditions
- After booking, please, contact to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- Any reservation request is subject to availability.
- The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of purchase.
- Cancellation policy: 50% of the total amount if booking less than 48 hours is canceled, 100% of the amount if canceled less than 24 hours.
- We have accommodations for groups. Special prices depending on the accommodation and number of people.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)