The Shadow of the Wind, literary tourFollow the steps of Daniel Sampere and discover the Cemetery of Forgotten Books
You can read any book, but just with few it’s possible to live and breathe them.
We present this walking tour as a unique opportunity to wander around the amazing Barcelona depicted in “The Shadow of the Wind”, a novel that has captivated thousands of readers all around the world. From letters to words, from imagination to reality.
- Rambla Sta. Mónica, Plaza Real (Royal Square), down Llibreteria Street. Going through Argenteria Street we reach Santa Maria del Mar and Montcada Street to discover the Santa Lucía Asylum and Xampanyet.
Next stop is Els Quatre Gats, Santa Ana Street and Canuda Street to learn about the Athenaeum of Barcelona, “a spot in the city that hasn’t left the 19th century”.
The price includes:
- The visit in Spanish and English, it lasts 2 hours.
- The tour takes place every Saturday of the year.
- From 01/11 to 31/05, at 17.00 h.
- From 01/06 to 31/10, at 18.00 h.
- Rambla de Santa Mónica, 9. Must be at the departure point 10 minutes before the visit starts. The guide will bring a red umbrella.
- Palau de la Música
- Access with step from 2 to 5 cm, ramp with moderate incline, proper width gates, lift up to 5 people, adapted hygienic services. It is necessary to seek assistance from other people at certain times.
- Points worth noting:
- Els Quatre Gats: access with help.
- Sant Felip Neri Square and Santa Anna Square: ground with paving stones.
Children under 10 free
Term and conditions
- Once your purchase, please contact Servei de Gestió Cultural Icono,SL to confirm the hour of the booking.
- The voucher is valid exclusively for the day reserved. Redeem voucher at the meeting point.
- The visit is not recommended to 14-years-old minors.
- It’s no necessary to read the book to enjoy the tour.
- We recommend comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water in summer.
- Cancellation policy: In case of cancellation, up to 24 hrs before it will be free alerting via email. The company reserves the right to change the date of visit unless it has a minimum of 5 people registered.