Hiking: El Cinquè Llac (The Fifth Lake)Discover the magical Lake Montcortés as you hike trhough the passes of the Pyrenees
The Pre – Pyrenees is a relatively unknown region of Catalonia but ideal for walking around the nature, tranquility and nostalgia.
We invite you to get on board the Lakes Train and enjoy of an exceptional trip from the Lleida plain to the foothills of the Pyrenees. There are four lakes located along the route: “San Llorenç de Montgai”, “Camarasa”, “Cellers” and “Sant Antoni”.
The Fifth Lake, which gives its name to the route, is what we find making this circular hiking trail mid-mountain, accessible to all kinds of mountain lovers, marked and divided into 5 stages of between 4h. and 6h. of low technical difficulty. Along the 105 km, we will overcome the changing orography that nature offers us, enjoying one of the most amazing parts of the Pyrenees, to end up discovering “Lake Montcortès”, mysterious and poetic. An enchanted lake, and the scene of beautiful legends.
Rest in our rural house also become a unique experience: we offer quality meals based on our delicious food products, we will organize the lightest route, moving luggage from place to place while we walked with no weight, and we provide meals at lunchbox and napkin cloth used as shepherds who traveled these roads.
A great experience of responsible and sustainable tourism.
The package includes:
- Return ticket on the Lakes Train (Lleida – la Pobla de Segur-Lleida).
- 6 nights of accommodation in charming Rural Houses.
- Half board.
- 6 packed lunches, with lunch box and cloth napkin to minimise waste.
- Transport of luggage from place to place.
- Documentation and 1:25,000 scale route maps with all kinds of information about the local area and its nature and culture.
- 24 hour contact telephone number for information and emergencies.
- Final gift that can only be obtained by completing all of the stages of the FIFTH LAKE route.
- Insurance cover (check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
- Self-guided route.
The package does not include:
- Tourist tax direct payment to hotel (0,50€ per person and night)
We can provide you a guided service.
Term and conditions
- Once your purchase, please contact Pirineu Emoció to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- Practicable throughout the year
- Return the total up to 15 days before the start of the route.
- Cancellations after this date will be subject to factors of different loads in each case.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out cancellation insurance policy (check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)