It is the hiking and trekking trail that connects three natural parks of Catalonia El Montseny, Sant Llorenç del Munt and Montserrat by means of a signposted itinerary divided in 6 stages.
Along its 106 km, hikers and trekkers will discover a gentle progression of the changing shapes of nature it appears silent and eternal at Montseny, wild and abrupt at Sant Llorenç i l’Obac and magical and capricious near the slopes of Montserrat.
Day 1. Montseny
Transfer from the airport to the hotel where we’ll sleep the first night. (optional)
Day 2. The first day in the Natural Park of Montseny Distance: 22 Km.
The route starts at the Montseny and enters into the Natural Park, which was declared Biosphere Reserve. We walking through holm oak woods and along a very clear path until up to the hill of 1.195 metres, from where we contemplate some spectacular sights of the Park and the Pyrenees at the end.
Day 3. The wildness landscape Distance: 18 Km.
Today is easier, but we have an ascent towards the Cingles de Bertí rocky cliffs is also spectacular. From here, the panoramic views to the East, both over the Congost River Valley and the El Montseny Massif, are truly unforgettable. Always along areas of small hills and passes, the path will continue through orographic terraces as best option, passing by historical areas, medievalsites and cascades and waterfalls. Tranfer to the hotel.
Day 4. Through forests Distance: 14 Km.
During this day, the path goes among pine woods and crops. This kind of environment will characterize most of this trail. We will continue on conveniently signposted dirt tracks and footpaths towards Sant Llorenç Savall, always walking on very rustic wooded terrain. In Sant Llorenç, Teresa and her family are waiting for us to offer a fantastic meal.
Day 5. The shaped mountains Distance: 24 Km.
This itinerary provides an opportunity to experience some of the most emblematic landscapes of the Catalonian Serralada Litoral Mountain Range. These Mediterranean peripheral mountains have two of their most unforgettable enclaves in the La Mola and El Montcau peaks. At the end of the day, we will finally discover Mura, a medieval village that sleeps within the silence of these mountains.
Day 6 The undiscovered Sant Llorenç Natural Park Distance: 12 Km.
Between Mura and the town of Rellinars, the route will enter predominantly deserted areas. The essence of the landscape will be the Mediterranean pine woods, a broken landscape irrigated by one watercourse after another. We will discover the spectacular hidden side of the Natural Park of Sant Llorenç del Munt.
Day 7. The magic mountain: Montserrat Distance: 14 Km.
Between Rellinars and Montserrat, the moutain will approach us. The Montserrat Mountain pointy stony teeth will levitate right over our heads. As we ascend, we will enjoy the consecutive shapes of El Cavall Bernat, El Serrat de les Barretines, El Serrat del Vent, El Montgròs… Is there any other Mediterranean summit more spectacular, more venerable than this one? Montserrat certainly is the sacred mountain per se. The clients can chose to stay the night in Montserrat or transfer to Barcelona.
Day 8. Barcelona or Montserrat departure
Free day and departure to the airport.
The price includes:
- Welcome meeting with local English amd French speaking guide
- 7 nights accommodation in a double room with breakfast or halfboard accommodation in hotels and rural hotels
- The rental of a gps with everyday tracks
- A map for every day
- All the tourist information about the route and the tourist sites
- A telephone number in case of any problems
- The transport of belongings between overnight stays
- Transfer from Montserrat to Barcelona
The price does not include:
- Collection from Barcelona airport, bus terminal or train station the first day and transfer from Barcelona to the airport or the departure point
- The tour is not accessible to persons of restricted mobility.
- We recommend comfortable shoes, Tshirt to get wet, hat and sun cream and bring a water bottle in summer.
- You should be the at them meeting point 15 minutes before the start time of the visit.
Term and conditions
Once your purchase, please contact Trek and Ride (Inytur 2010, SL) to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
We offer you the opportunity to take out a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
Cancellation Policy for activities:
- 48 hours before activity and no show 100% cancellation fees
- 3 To 20 days before departure 50% cancellation fees
- +21 Days before departure 0% cost of cancellation