Castles in Catalonia: Guided tour of the castle MontsonísDisfruta de unas maravillosas vistas desde lo alto del castillo
The amazing set formed by The Castle and the beautiful group of stone houses around it, retains all the mighthy elegance of his ancient past and teleports us some centuries ago. The Castle of Montsonis is a magnificient fortification situated on the top of a small and quiet village called of course Montsonis, which is surrounded by fertile lands and has marvelous views.
In the course of the following centuries this property was inherated without interruption by several male bloodlines until we reach the actual inherator and owner of the castle, Carlos of Montoliu, Baron of Albi, and the 30º ruler and owner of this Castle.
Of this majestous building we can highlight some aspects: the magnificient exterior facade, headed by the tribute tower, the private chapel, the kitchen, the lover banks, an oven of bread, the prison, the cellar, the pilgrim’s room, the armory, the shields room, and on the remaining rooms are exposed some tapestries and some old memories of his magnificient past.
The price includes:
- Guided tour
- The service is offered all the year.:
- Monday to Friday at 12 a.m. and at 6 p.m.
- Saturdays, at 12 a.m., at 5 p.m., at 6 p.m. and at 7 p.m.
- Sundays, at 11am, at 12h, at 13h and at 18h.
- Duration of the visit: 1 hour
- Closed: 01/01, 06/01, 24/06, 25/12 and 26/12.
- La Botiga de Montsonís (C Mayor, 7-9 25737 Montsonís, Lerida).
- Catalan, Spanish, English, French and Russian.
- The activity is accessible to people with reduced mobility, although there are some dependencies that it can not be accessed by wheelchair.
Free visit for children under 8 years.
Term and conditions
- The voucher is valid for the day and time booked.
- Reedem the printed voucher at the meeting point: La Botiga de Montsonís (C/Mayor, 7-9 25737 Montsonís, Lerida).
- Cancellation policy: If notified 24hin advance, it can change the date or return 100% of the amount .