From the food market to the table - Gastronomic workshopJoin our cookers to purchase in the central market and then we will learn how to cook some local recipes with fresh and local products
You will learn how to cook some local rècipes with fresh and local products in the gastronomic workshop
Vilanova i la Geltru is Garraf Region’s capital, where also is located Sitges. It is a coastal city, and therefore, maritime. Its fish market has around 60 boats daily going to sea to catch the best captures to sell them later on arrival at the seaport in the fish auction.
Montse, our local host, will accompany you on this tour around our city’s gastronomy. We will start visiting the fish auction to live its intensity. Then, we will go to the food market, the best in the region and meeting point of local people. Ingredients we will buy will depend on the selected dishes by Montse to our gastronomic workshop. Dishes will be always based on the Mediterranean diet, with fresh ingredients and kilometre zero products. We are slow food and want you to enjoy this unique experiences for your sensorial senses.
To complete this day, we will tour the city through a cultural itinerary around Vilanova spots and La Geltrú quarter. Crossing the city, we will accompany you to the train station, which always will have been our meeting point.
The price includes:
- Visit to fishing port and tour through the maritime quarter to the central market
- Purchasing of ingredients with tastes
- Gastronomic workshop with a private chef wine Catalan wine tasting
- Assistance Insurance and taxes
The price does not include:
- Trips to the meeting point (There is the possibility of pick-up and drop-off at a nearby hotel)
- From Tuesday to Friday, at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday and Fridayat, at 4:00 p.m
- Closed: weekends, local holidays and the days when the market is closed.
- Duration of the activity: 6 hours
- Once the purchase is made, contact Turismo Vivencial to check availability.
- Passeig Marítim. E-08800 – Vilanova i la Geltrú (Barcelona)
- Catalan, Spanish and English
- Activity is suitable for wheelchair users and people with reduced mobility.
- It is necessary to warn previously in case of specific visual or auditory need
- At the time of booking, indicate food allergies or intolerances
*Price per person. A minimum of 4 people is required to carry out the activity.
Term and conditions
- The voucher is valid for 2 months from the date of purchase.
- Once the purchase is made, contact Turismo Vivencial, to check availability.
- Present the printed voucher at the meeting point (Passeig Marítim E- 08800 – Vilanova i la Geltrú).
- On the part of the company: For reasons beyond the company’s control, or if there is not a minimum of 4 people registered, the company will offer a change of date or a 100% refund of the amount.
- On the part of the client: In case of force majeure reasons, will offer a change of date or a 100% refund of the amount.
License CIAN 236023-3