Dali landscapes by bike
At first sight
Cycling trail that allows you to discover the land that inspirited Dalí artworks. Region of wines, you will taste its wines and gastronomy.
Remembering his childhood summers along the Mediterranean, Dalí says to remember the plains of the Empordà and the rocky landscape of Cap de Creus, the inspiration that will guide his work. You will make a tour around Empordà and have the great opportunity to visit Dali`s museums (Pubol and Figueres) and discover the Dali’s land: the landscape, the gastronomy and also… the wine.
Day 1. Arrival Can Muní Farmhouse (Vilopriu)
Arrival to Can Muní, situated deep in the heart of the countryside, well hidden from any passersby the tiny 15th century hamlet of Pins had for many years been forgotten about by the outside world, rather like the spellbound castle in an ancient fairy tale. Welcome meeting with our guides and session to explain the route and the week planning. We’ll hold the orientation session, where your bike will be specially fitted for you and you’ll be presented with all the documentation and things you need for your trip.
Day 2. First stop: Pubol and its castle Can MuníGirona Distance: 47 Km.
First day riding that takes you to Girona, through the landscapes of the Empordà. You will pass across Púbol, village where Dalí bought a castle for his wife Gala. The Gala Dalí Castle in Púbol, open to the public since 1996, allows visitors to discover a medieval building in which Salvador Dalí lent material form to an exuberant creative effort with his mind set on one person, Gala. Arrival to Girona and time to take a walk around its great historical center.
Day 3. To the Costa Brava GironaSant Feliu de Guíxols Distance: 40 Km.
The route goes from Girona to the coast, following the ancient railway called “El carrilet”. It means 40 km through a railway conditioned for pedestrians and bikers only. You will reach Sant Feliu, with its wonderful seaport and of great cultural and historical interest, with an old monastery. You will stay in a quiet hotel just in front of the beach of Sant Pol.
Day 4. The coastline Sant Feliu de GuíxolsCalella de Palafrugell Distance: 33 Km.
This day, the itinerary goes through the coast to Calella following the Palamós bay. You can can visit the most important villages in the area, Platja d´Aro and Palamós, with its interesting fishing port and its exquisite fishes. The inland is a region of vineyards. You are going to stop to Can Saïs, a small winery where Marta will explain how she produces and elaborates the family wine. Accommodation in the old fishing village of Calella de Palafrugell, which still retains its original charm.
Day 5. Medieval villages. Calella de Palafrugell – L’Escala Distance: 44 Km.
Route towards the north of Costa Brava and the landscapes that inspired Dalí. You can visit beautiful villages, like Peratallada or Ullastret and you will pass across a big variety of landscapes to arrive at the fantastic historical site of Pals. Today, the trail goes through rice crops to arrive to l’Escala.
Day 6. By the footsteps of Dalí L’Escala – Figueres Distance: 32 Km.
This day leads you to Figueres. Along the coastline of the Costa Brava, passing through Castello d’Empuries, you arrive at your destination, near the France border. Figueres is the city of Dalí and you’ll find a magnificent museum. The Dalí TheatreMuseum, the largest surrealistic object in the world, occupies the building of the former Municipal Theatre, a 19th century construction which was destroyed at the end of the Spanish Civil War. On its ruins, Dalí decided to create his museum.
Day 7. Dali’s wine… Figueres – Can Muní Distance: 35 Km.
Last day to ride and explore the fantastic city of Perelada with its castles and wine tradition. You will visit the old and new wineries and after the visit, there is a small surprise. After the tour, it’s time to return to Can Muní, where you can relax near the swimming pool.
Day 8. Departure day.
Book with the peace of mind of being able to cancel for free if you need to
- Welcome meeting by a local guide speaking English or French
- 7 nights accommodation in a double room with breakfast or Nightly meals with wine in a rural hotels or 3 and 4* hotels
- A guided and tasting visit to Can Saïs Winery
- A guided and tasting visit to Castell de Perelada Winery
- GPS and maps of every day
- All the tourist information about the route
- A telephone number in case of any problems
- The transport of belongings between overnight stays
- Contact telephone 24/24
- Transfer from Barcelona or Girona airport to Can Muní and from Can Muní to the airport
Prepare for the activity
- We recommend comfortable shoes, Tshirt to get wet, hat and sun cream and bring a water bottle in summer
- You should be the at them meeting point 15 minutes before the start time of the visit
- The tour is not accessible to persons of restricted mobility.
Term and conditions
- Once your purchase, please contact Trek and Ride (Inytur 2010, SL) to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
Cancellation Policy for activities:
- 48 hours before activity and no show 100% cancellation fees
- 3 To 20 days before departure 50% cancellation fees
- +21 Days before departure 0% cost of cancellation
More information about the organizer of the experience
These are difficult times for the leisure sector...
Dali landscapes by bike
Support local tourism
Final price with no hidden extras
Buy online for your convenience
We are the official tourist agency in Catalonia
Dali landscapes by bike
Select number of participants