Barcelona, Sant Benet, Montserrat and Codorniu cellarDiscover Barcelona, Sant Benet, Montserrat and Codorniu cellar with an architect!
Modernism was an artistic but also a social, historical and political movement in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The most renowned architects of the Catalan modernism such as Gaudí, Puig i Cadafalch and Domenech i Montaner were also very active politicians and researchers in history and architecture of the past.
The modernist architects studied in depth Catalan romanesque and gothic architecture which served as a source of inspiration for their works. The architect Puig, one of which best represent the overall personality of the modernists, took part in the restoration of numerous monuments such as the Monastery of Montserrat and Sant Benet de Bages.
Duration: 2 days
- We will begin our journey through time in Barcelona where we will visit some of the emblematic works of modernism as La Pedrera, Casa Batlló and the Casa Amatller.
- Lunch at the modernist restaurant “Els 4 Gats”.
- In the afternoon we will go to the Monastery of Sant Benet.
- To arrive in Montserrat in the evening, in time for Vespers.
- Sleeping in Montserrat cells to experience the quiet atmosphere of the site at night.
- Visit the monastery, Throne of Our Lady and the Museum in Montserrat.
- Lunch at restaurant Abat Cisneros.
- In the afternoon we will visit the cellars of Codorníu in Sant Sadurní, an important Catalan Modernist building that has the status of national monument where we can taste the wonderful Cava.
The price includes:
- 1-night accommodation in cells at the 3*** Abat Marcet in Montserrat
- 1 lunch at the modernist restaurant “Els 4 Gats”
- 1 lunch at the restaurant “Abad Cisneros” in Montserrat
- Entrance tickets: Casa Mila, Casa Lleó Morera, Sant Benet Monastery, Montserrat (Museum and Throne of the Virgin), Codorníu winery
- Cava tasting at Cordoníu winery
- A 2-day car rental
- Extra night
- Flight Management
Not available dates:
- August 15th, December 25th and January 1st.
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is accessibility (for more information, contact to Artchitectours).
*Package minimum 2 persons.
Term and conditions
- You need to contact the company Artchitectours (Arquitectura Lúdica, SL) to book the tour.
- We require 30 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise, we will charge you 100% of your total amount.
We offer you the opportunity to take out a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)