Architecture and Urbanism in BarcelonaDiscover the architecture and urbanism of Barcelona with an architect!
The current architectural model is in crisis, both financially and conceptually…
In this regard, the City Hall of Barcelona approved, in 2000, a new plan to transform the old industrial area of Poblenou into a center of new activity, converting the neighbourhood into the experimental district of the 22@ district planning ordering.
A new model of a compact city, where the most innovative companies coexist with research and technology centers, residential houses, facilities and green areas. Integrated with the old industrial heritage, modern living energy networks, telecommunications, central air conditioning and selective waste collection coexist in the area. The design of these new networks prioritizes energy efficiency and the responsible management of natural resources.
- Duration: 2 days
Day 1. Public Transport – 22@: The transformation of Poble Nou and the sustainability
- Presentation on the initial development plan 22@ and the Smart City concepts and we will see during the tour.
- The visit includes: Encantes Market (b720), Design Hub (MBM), Torre Agbar (+ Nouvel b720), Hotel Silken, Offices Chipperfield, Mediapro (P.Genard), Indra (b720 + R&AS) MediaTic (Cloud9) Can Framis (BAAS-Bay), Paseo del Poble Nou, UB University, Park New Town (Jean Nouvel + b720) Hotel ME (Perrault).
- Stop for lunch (lunch not included).
- Tram Transfer to Zone Forum.
- Chat about the Forum Park and explanations of sludge, incinerator, water tanks; Districlima urban network distribution of heat and cold to the use of heating, air-conditioning and hot water; Networks Mobility and pneumatic waste collection.
- Other visits: Torre Diagonal 0 (E.Massip), Museum of Natural History (Heurog and De Meuron), CCIB (J.Ll.Mateo) Photovoltaic cCell, Bathing area (Beth Gali) and ParkDiagonal Mar (E.Miralles).
- Return to Hotel.
Day 2. Electric bicycle – Large urban transformations
- We leave the hotel from electric bikes to the Barcelona seafront.
- Visits include: Avenue Icaria (Miralles y Tagliabue), Olympic Village, Ronda Litoral, Mapfre Towers (SOM), Fish (F.O. Gehry) Olympic Port (MBM), Centre of Biomedical Research and Hospital del Mar (Pineda and Brullet), Edificio Gas Natural (Miralles y Tagliabue), Paseo de la Barceloneta, Barceloneta district, Barceloneta Market, W Hotel (Ricardo Bofill).
- Shuttle to Montjuïc and a visit to Arenas Shopping Centre (Richard Rogers and Alonso Balaguer).
- Stop to lunch (lunch not included).
- Afternoon visits: Venetians Towers, Caixa Forum (Isokazi), Pavilion Mies Van der Rohe, Olympic Zone, Museum Miró (J.Ll. Sert), Botanical Garden (Ferrater), Montjuïc Castle.
- Back to the hotel and end of our services.
The price includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a double room with breakfast included at Hotel Aranea***
- Guided tours by an architect
- Entrance Tickets
- A day rent of an electric bike
- Public Transportation according to program
- Preparation of the itinerary
- Catalan, Spanish, English and French
Not available dates:
- August 15th, December 25th and January 1st.
- The experience is accessibility (for more information, contact to Artchitectours).
*Package minimum 2 persons.
Term and conditions
- You need to contact the company Artchitectours (Arquitectura Lúdica, SL) to book the tour.
- We require 30 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise, we will charge you 100% of your total amount.
There is the possibility to have a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)