This route through the region of Girona brings us to a different way of understanding architecture and landscape interventions.
With the theme of the work of the local study RCR (Aranda, Pigem and Vilalta) we will travel to Olot and Palamos.
The landscape of La Garrotxa has a characteristic appearance due to its volcanic origin and beech that have served as inspiration for painters like Vayreda. The architecture also interprets and redefines the landscape of La Garrotxa with respectful interventions with the natural environment. Architectures that, in contrast with the place, intensify its essence.
Palamos is considered to be the capital of the Costa Brava, sailor home which retains all its charm by offering a variety of very interesting cuisine.
For 2 days we will dive into the landscape of La Garrotxa and Palamos not forgetting, of course, the local cuisine, which also helps us understanding the territory.
- Duration: 2 days
- Departure by rented car and arrival to Ripoll. La Lira Theatre, Plaza Cubierta (covered square) and Pasarela.
- Departure to Riudaura: visit the Space for Leisure and Culture.
- Arrival to Olot: Inside visit to the restaurant Les Cols (RCR).
- Picnic in the restaurant Les Cols. River Pavilion.
- Track-Basil d’Atletisme Tussols (RCR), Pavelló 2×1 (RCR), Pedra Tosca park(RCR), river Pavelló i Vestidors (RCR). Croscat Volcano area.
- Arrival at the Hotel.
- Breakfast at the Hotel.
- Meeting with the guide and departure to Sant Pau.
- Access to”Fageda d’en Jordà”(RCR)Pavilion.”Fageda d’en Jordà”(RCR).
- Train ride/ car in the Fageda (beech forest).
- Transfer to Palamos and lunch in a typical restaurant in Palamos (included).
- Brugarol Winery (RCR). Oil and wine tasting.
- Departure to Sta. Coloma de Farners: “El Lotus Blau” Pavilion in the Termal Orion Spa (RCR)
- Return by rented car to Barcelona.
The price includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a double room with breakfast included in 4* hotel
- Picnic from Les Cols Restaurant
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in Palamos
- Oil and wine tasting at Bodegas Brugarol winery
- Preparation of the itinerary
- Guided tours with an architect
- Train ticket: Fageda d’en Jordà, (volcano tour)
- A two-day car rental
- Extra night
- Flight Management
Not available dates:
- August 15th, December 25th and January 1st
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is accessibility (for more information, contact to Artchitectours).
Package minimum 2 persons.
Term and conditions
- You need to contact the company Artchitectours (Arquitectura Lúdica, SL) to book the tour.
- The company requires 30 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise, we will charge you 100% of your total amount.
We offer you the opportunity to take out a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)