Auf den ersten Blick
Montserrat is a unique mountain in the world. The Benedictine Santa Maria de Montserrat Monastery is the most important landmark on the mountain. It is one of the most famous monasteries in the Catholic world, as well as a centre for pilgrims.
The sixteenth century basilica, a fifteenth century Gothic cloister and the Montserrat Museum (MDM) are interesting places for visitors. The Mare de Déu (Our Lady) image is the main point of interest and devotion for visitors to the Holy Mountain. It is in the basilica, made of carved polychrome and golden wood at the end of the twelfth century or beginning of the thirteenth century, affectionately known as the ‘Moreneta’ because the Virgin Mary’s and Baby Jesus‘ hands and face are dark.
The famous Escolania (boys’ choir) is dedicated to the Virgin Mary. There are documents that show that the Escolania begun in 1307, although there are reasons to believe that it begun earlier still. A group of about 50 pupils live in the monastery and take part in the choir during the daily prayers in the sanctuary. One of the most beautiful things during the visit to Montserrat is to listen to the choir sing the famous Virolai.
The Cremallera de Montserrat is the only way to get to Montserrat that leaves you right in the middle of the monastery, a 15-minute journey with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction.
The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly. The platforms are at the same level as the trains.
Booking Trans Montserrat:
- TRANS MONTSERRAT Rack Railway Adult: 33,45 EUR
- TRANS MONTSERRAT Cable car Adult: 33,45 EUR
- Free for children under 4 years old
The ticket Trans Montserrat includes:
- Train (Pl.Espanya – Monistrol de Montserrat) (Return ticket) + Metro de barcelona (Return ticket) + Rack Railway (Return ticket) / Cable car (Return ticket)
- Admission to the Interactive Exhibition, which takes you on a virtual tour of the interior of the Benedictine monastery.
- A visit to the Museum of Montserrat, where you can see works by Dalí, El Greco, Miró, Picasso, Tàpies, as well as treasures of the Ancient Orient.
- Unlimited use of the Sant Joan Funicular of Montserrat, from where you can see the horizon stretching from the Pyrenees to the sea.
- Unlimited use of the Santa Cova Funicular of Montserrat
- Everything that is not specified in the price
- All year:
- The start time of the service throughout the year is starting at 08.35h.
- Completion depends on the season.
- The period of review of funiculars
- The 25th of desember shall be closed.
- Check the schedule
- All signs and indications of service are in three languages: Catalan, Spanish and English. In catering services, audiovisual and museum additional languages are available.
Bereiten Sie sich auf die Aktivität vor
- Plaza España FGC Station:
Lower Lobby. Montserrat Information Point. Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 380. E-08015 Barcelona
- Facilities train, rack and museum are fully adapted for disabled guests.
- The remaining facilities have installed some shortcomings that hinder access for wheelchairs.
- The Santa Cova and Sant Joan Funiculars are not accessible.
- You can travel with pets for free on both the Cremallera and the Montserrat Funiculars.
- Dogs must be tied with a leash and must wear a muzzle to access all FGC facilities,
- Small animals must travel inside baskets or cages. In no case, they can occupy a seat.
- Children under the age of 16 may not bring dogs considered potentially dangerous by law.
Mehr Informationen über den Veranstalter des Erlebnisses
Es sind schwierige Zeiten für die Freizeitbranche...
Unterstützung für örtliche Hersteller
Endpreis ohne Überraschungen
Kaufen Sie online und vermeiden Sie Menschenansammlungen
Wir sind die offizielle Tourismus Agentur in Katalonien
Anzahl der Teilnehmer wählen