Getaway to Tarragona wineries which are authentic unknown gems that must be shown to the passionate about architecture and wine.
A look at the wine heritage. You will find modernist buildings that, by their unique characteristics, are authentic testimonies of an architecture where the function is combined with expertise in space configuration and a superb quality in execution.
Called like this for its wealth of space and light, wineries designed by Cesar Martinell between 1918 and 1923 possibly are the most important agricultural works built in Catalonia.
The design and construction of this group of wineries, along with others, took a short professional life of Martinell, but are the works for which he has been most valued and remembered.
They are real unknown pearls to be shown to architects today.
- Duration: 2 days
- Departure by rented car to Espluga de Francolí.
- Visit the Museum of Rural Life at Espluga de Francolí.
- Visit the Cooperativa Agrícola de Rocafort de Queralt winery. This was the first winery designed by Martinell.
- Lunch (included) at Rocafort Restaurant.
- Visits in Barberà de la Conca: Castle and Winery.
- Wine tasting from O.D.
- Arrival at the Hotel in the city center of Montblanc.
- Free dinner in the historical center.
- Guided visit to the historical center of Montblanc.
- Cava tasting in the modernist winery of the Sindicato de Vinicultores of Montblanc.
- Lunch (included).
- Visit the Winery of L’Espluga de Francolí, designed by Puig i Cadafalch.
- Visit the Conjunto Cisterciense of the Monasterio de Poblet. End of the tour.
The price includes:
- 1-night accommodation in a double room with breakfast included at 3 or 4 hotel
- 1 lunch at Rocafort restaurant
- 1 lunch at Cal Magret restaurant
- Wine Tasting (Barberá de la Conca)
- Wine Cellars (Montblanc)
- Guided tours by an architect
- Entrance tickets: Agricultural Museum at Espluga Francolí, Barberà de la Conca Celler, Montblanc Celler, Poblet.
- Preparation of the itinerary
- Car rental
- Extra night
- Flight Management
Not available dates:
- August 15th, December 25th and January 1st.
- English, French, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is accessibility (for more information, contact to Artchitectours).
Package minimum 2 persons
- You need to contact the company Artchitectours (Arquitectura Lúdica, SL) to book the tour.
- We require 30 days cancellation notice prior to your scheduled arrival, otherwise we will charge you 100% of your total amount.
- We offer you the opportunity to contract a travel assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
(ID Nummer B65123374)