Visiting the Muria Apiarian Interpretation Center is a unique experience which enables us to the world of bees.
“Fly into a world of sensations”.
The Centre, covering over 300 m2, offers a tour inside the bee world through several areas where new technologies (multimedia programmes) allow visitors to study bee-keeping in greater depth using various interactive and educational facilities.
In this new centre, the visitor starts the route in an audio-visual area and sensory space where a stunning presentation is projected. From here you enter to the permanent exhibition area where the fascinating world of beekeeping is waiting to be discovered using large explantatory panels and interactive elements with tactile screens and projections. The visitor is introduced to the culture of honey which is backed up an exhibition of typical elements, tools and equipment used in the beekeeping world.
The tour ends at the new multi-purpose space used, among other utilities, for temporary exhibitions which are to be renewed annually. This premier exhibition is entitled “The world’s oldest bees” offering an innovative vision of the origins of beekeeping.
Access to the ground floor is located in this area. Here the latest specialized working machinery, used for increased and improved honey production by permitting direct extraction of honey from the hive frames, is on display.
The tour ends with a visit to the store where you can see a hive with live bees and a honey fountain.
The design of spaces, lighting, shapes and routes are directly related to beekeeping, incorporating sounds and smells, seeking for the sensation of ‘live experience’ inside this fascinating world.
The price includes:
- Visit to the Apiarian Interpretation Center
- Visit the hives in the countryside
Price does not include:
- Transfer to the hives of the apicultural center (it is necessary to go by private car)
- All year
- Every day: from Monday to Sunday.
- Departure at 10.30 am
- Duration of the activity: 2h
- Closed: On holidays, 01/01, 06/01, 17/01, Easter Monday, 01/05, 24/06, 15/08, 11/09, 12/10, 01/11, 25/12, 26/12
- Apiarian Interpretation Center Muria: Avinguda Catalunya, 23. E-43519 – El Perelló.
- Individual audio-guides and guided visits: Catalan, Spanish, English, French and German.
- The activity is not accessible for people with reduced mobility.
It is recommended: comfortable and closed footwear.
*Free activity for children under 3.
- The voucher is valid for the day and time booked.
- Present the printed voucher at the meeting point (Apiarian Interpretation Center Muria: Avinguda Catalunya, 23. E-43519 – El Perelló).
- Must be at meeting point at least 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- By the company: The company reserves the right to cancel the activity in case of adverse weather conditions or for reasons beyond company’s control. In both cases 100% refund of the amount will be offered to the customer.
- By the customer: If it is notified with more than 3 days in advance, 100% refund of the amount will be offered to the customer.
Covid-19 safety and hygiene protocols:
- Reduced capacity to maintain the safety distance, disinfection points distributed before the interactive elements, mandatory use of a mask within our facilities. Wardrobe disinfection between visits.
- The activity at this time can only be done with prior reservation.
(ID Nummer F43498922)