In search of gold and starsWeekend to enjoy the stars, get to know cultural and historical places and search for gold
Weekend to enjoy the stars, get to know places of cultural and historical interest and search for gold in Balaguer
The package includes:
- 1 night in a double room with breakfast in the accommodation to choose: Balaguer Apartment, Balaguer Penthouse, Plaça Mercadal Modernist House, Alcova del Firmament (HUTL-000142), Country house in Àger, Molí de Farfanya or Santa Maria de Bellpuig Monastery
- Visit the Observation Center of the Universe.
- The gold experience (research activity of gold).
- Guided tour of the Balma dels Vilars (29 rock paintings)
- Guided visit to the Castle of Os de Balaguer.
- Visit Castelló de Farfanya village
- Dinner with typical dishes from the territory at a restaurant of traditional cuisine.
- Tourist information brochure of the territory and official map.
- Travel Insurance. (Check the conditions here)
- Catalan, Spanish and English
The price does not include:
- Tourist tax to pay directly to the hotel.
- The transports are not included.
Sights and excursions descriptions:
- Visit the Observation Center of the Universe (COU): it is a multimedia installation, which consists of a drop-down Dome where you can project documentaries or movies in format „full-dome“, observe the sky through the images you get with a telescope with a diameter of 30 cm installed in the same room. You can also visit the Park of telescopes to make direct observations and enjoy the permanent exhibition. Entry included in the package. Schedules to be checked.
- The Centre of Interpretation of Segre of Gold: is an area located in the annexe building at the left of the mill that goes beyond the tour through the history of the exploitation of the gold in the river Segre and invites visitors to relive the experience of authentic gold seekers. Entrance to the centre and research activity of gold included in the package.
- Guided visit to the Castle of Os de Balaguer: At the top of a hill that dominates the village of Os de Balaguer there is the fortified castle „Os Malignum Castrum „. It was part of a defensive line made up of numerous castles, among which there were: Àger, Albesa, Almenar, Alguerri, Alguaire, Castelló de Farfanya, Corbins, Lorenzo, Santa Linya and Os de Balaguer. Guided visit to the castle included in the package.
- Cueva dels Vilars: Located west of Os de Balaguer, it was for centuries a refuge for shepherds. It was Josep Mª Borrás, a neighbour of the people fond of archaeology who gave the first warning that it could be a group of cave paintings. It contains 29 traces of the Bronze Age, which is a huge amount considering its size, 60m2. Excursion by car „off road“ with driver and guided tour.
- Visit Castelló de Farfanya village: the charming village of Castelló de Farfanya, in the Serra del Montsec
- Alcova del Firmament (HUTL-000142): Accommodation with bedroom type sleeping alcove, free space, bathroom and balcony. Includes TV, music, an assortment of free teas and free use of bicycles. Displacement on foot to all the activities of the town..
- Country house in Àger: Very close to the Montsec Astronomical Park of great tranquillity and with charming owners.
- Molí de Farfanya: It is a rural house, located in a privileged place for nature lovers, surrounded by forests of oaks, holm oaks and fields, where you can rest and have tranquillity, you can listen to the diversity of birds in the area and observe the night a unique night sky, discover the firmament.
- Santa Maria de Bellpuig Monastery: Hospice in a monastery. Located in a natural environment of forests, gardens and vineyards. Ideal to enjoy a peaceful rest. Includes breakfast buffet. There is no pool or TV in the rooms. 5 minutes by car from the centre of Os de Balaguer and only 20 minutes by car from the Observatory.
- Balaguer Monastery Hotel: It is located in an incomparable setting, next to the church of Sant Crist de Balaguer and surrounded by great cultural heritage such as the Castell Formós and the Archaeological Park of the Pla d’Almatà. This cosy hotel, located on the hill of the city, is characterized by peace and absolute quietness, offering magnificent views of the town.
- Loft Castelló: it is located in the charming village of Castelló de Farfanya, in the Serra del Montsec. It has several atmospheres, living room with fireplace and television, of great warmth and comfort. It is a great place to enjoy a family stay in a place of calm and silence. The house has an equipped kitchen and a direct lift to the living room.
Accommodations and special rates for groups.
Price per person. Minimum 2 people
- Once you have purchased the package please send email to Tu i Lleida, SL to confirm the dates of the reservation and check the availability. All booking is on request subject to availability.
- The purchase of the package is valid for 6 months from the time of your purchase.
- 50% of the total amount if you cancel your booking with less than 48 hours, 100% of the amount if you cancel with less than 24 hours.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
(ID Nummer B62728191)