Hiking through Catalan PyreneesAn unforgettable hiking trail discovering the natural heritage of the Catalan Pyrenees
We offer you an unforgettable hiking experience discovering the sceneries and the natural and cultural inheritance of our county: Ripollès.
An authentic experience in a land where landscapes are still unspoilt, with a direct relationship with nature and real life of the Pyrenees’ inhabitants.
Day 1. Ripoll
We get to Ripoll. After the check in, you have some free time to visit the town center and discover some nice Modernist buildings. You can also see, from one of the several bridges, the point in which the two most important rivers of our country, Ter and Freser, meet.
Day 2. Ruta del Ferro (the iron route) – Distance: 9 Km.
We start the tour through a gentle and easy path, which will train us for the next and harder days. At the beginning we follow an old railway line that used to transport coal from the Ogassa mines to the Barcelona harbour. Later we cross farmlands and a leafy wood close to the river Ter. After the check-in we are going to visit the Monastery, the old town and the ecomuseum “El Molí Petit” (guided tour inside and outside the small mill, wich contains the wheels and some of the original mechanism).
Day 3. Hike to Camprodon-La Ral – Distance: 12 Km.
We leave Sant Joan de les Abadesses through old pathways that bring from a suntrap farmhouse to the other. Later we cross some woods until we reach San Pau de Segúries. Leaving the town we enter a fresh beech forest, after crossing it we reach our destination. In the afternoon we are going to do the activity „cottage cheese making“.
Day 4. Hike to Sant Martí d’Ogassa – Distance: 19 Km.
On the fourth day the route will be long, but will allow us to climb and enjoy amazing landscapes. We hike through an old cattle track that drives cattle to the grazing up in the mountain in summer. We reach the high pastures of Serra Cavallera and from there we follow the careening of the mountain chain. Here we can easily find some vultures and we might be lucky enough to be delighted with the majestic flight of the eagles.
Day 5. Hike to Taga, a 2040m. peak – Distance: 8 Km.
On the fifth day we reach the peak of the chain we climbed yesterday, the Taga (2040 m), from where you can see all the Catalan Pyrenees and the Mediterranean Sea in Costa Brava area. The hike will allow us to experience the clean and uncontaminated environment of the high mountain. On our way we may meet some shy and nippy Pyrenean chamois. In the afternoon we are going to do a traditional Catalan Cookery workshop followed by dinner!!
Day 6. Hike to Ripoll – Distance: 15 Km.
The route, all through narrow mountain paths, drive us into tremendous forests and crosses mountain’s streams. We’ll enjoy the generous shade of beech woods and the fresh smell of pine trees. Finally we reach a belvedere from where we can see the town of Ripoll, our destination.
Day 7. Ripoll
Departure day. If you want, before living the Pyrenees you can visit the romanesque Santa Maria monastery and cloister and the Heritage Museum (discretionary).
- Welcome meeting by a local guide speaking English and French
- 6 accommodation in shared double room with breakfasts at hotels and rural hotels
- 6 evening meals and drinks (half-board option)
- Luggage transport between hotels
- Guided visits
- Activities in idioms:
- 1 activity at “Can Peric”: cottage cheese making
- 1 activity at “Mas Mitjavila”: traditional Catalan Cookery workshop
The price does not include:
- Transfer from/to airport
- Travel expenses
- Picnic lunch
- The tour is not accessible to persons of restricted mobility.
- We recommend comfortable shoes, T-shirt to get wet, hat and sun cream and bring a water bottle in summer.
- You should be the at them meeting point 15 minutes before the start time of the visit.
Price for 4 or more hikers. Price per person in double room.
- Once your purchase, please contact Trek and Ride (Inytur 2010, SL) to confirm the dates of the booking and availability.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a travel-assistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
Cancellation Policy for activities:
- 48 hours before activity and no show 100% cancellation fees
- 3 To 20 days before departure 50% cancellation fees
- +21 Days before departure 0% cost of cancellation
(ID Nummer B86112448)