Dalí Museum Figueres Tour by trainExperience the high-speed train journey to Figueres and discover Dalí Museum
Sit back and relax as the AVE high-speed train takes you to the Dalí Museum in no time. Discover the truth behind Dalí’s famous quote ‘The difference between a madman and me is that I am not mad’.
The Dalí Museum will reveal the secrets from conscious-unconscious going beyond the obvious.No matter what you know already, this provocative surrealist painter will surprise you. The genius of Salvador Dalí was cultivated in L’Empordà and Costa Brava terrain, in the centre of which is his Figueres, his birthplace and home to the Dalí Theatre-Museum.
The Dalí Museum
The Dalí Theatre-Museum of Figueres offers a unique experience of being able to observe, live and enjoy the work and thought of one of the most extraordinary minds of the 20th century. It contains the broadest range of works spanning the artistic career of Salvador Dalí (1904-1989), from his earliest artistic experiences and his surrealist creations down to the works of the last years of his life.
Salvador Dalí decided, early in the 1960's, to construct his museum inside the ruins of the old Municipal Theatre of Figueres which had been destroyed in the Civil War. Everything in it was conceived and designed by the artist in order to offer visitors a real experience of getting inside his captivating and unique world. Therefore, the Dalí Theatre-Museum has to be seen as a whole, as the great work of Salvador Dalí.
AVE High-speed train
Enjoy the journey from Barcelona & Girona to Figueres with the AVE high-speed train. It only takes 50 min or less from Girona to cover 140 Km (87 miles), which will allow you to be back in Barcelona & Girona in time for lunch!
Itinerary: Pick up at hotel > Sants Station > 140 Km by AVE high-speed train > Figueres-Vilafan Station > Dalí Museum > Return to Sants Station by AVE high-speed train (this tour also departs from Girona at 8:30 am from the train station of the city and ends at 13:00 in the Plaça de la Independencia)
The price includes
- Entrance fee to the Dalí Museum
- Transport (Pick up from the hotel, high-speed train tickets and transport around Figueres)
- Guide. The tour is done only in English with licensed guides
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- From 1st April to 1st November
- Duration: 6 hours approximately
- Departure time ⇒ 7.30 am from Barcelona, 8.30 am from Girona
- From Girona: At the Girona main train station
- From Barcelona: At the lobby of your hotel. After purchase, contact with Barcelona Guide Bureau to tell the name of your hotel
- Transport is not adapted for disabled people but we can carry wheelchairs for people with reduced mobility.
- Please note that all the tour involves some walking.
- From June to September: Wearing comfortable shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and a camera.
- The rest of the year, the temperature is warm.
- This tour departs from Girona at 8:30 am from the train station of the city and ends at 13:00 in the Plaza de la Independencia.
- Alternatively, we will also pick you up at the hotel reception in Barcelona. Please let us know the name of your hotel.
- Once your purchase, please contact Barcelona Guide Bureau, SL., in order to confirm the availability and know the details of the service.
- We will pick you up at the lobby of your hotel. Please tell us in which hotel you are staying and wait at the foyer 5 minutes before departure time.
- Cancellations at any time and for any reason are non-refundable.
- Departures guaranteed
- What happens if I get separated from the group? Our guides always clearly explain meeting places and times and all tours are run on time. In case you cannot find the group where you thought they were supposed to be, please wait for a maximum of 5 minutes and then go directly to the coach. If the coach has already left with the rest of the group, please contact our office immediately so that we can advise you how to catch up with them. If this is not possible and there has been no error on the part of BGB, unfortunately, we cannot refund your ticket.
(ID Nummer B62685540)