Cycloroute in one week in which you will discover the inland of Catalonia, passing along the Way of Saint James of Catalonia, and arriving at Barcelona.
You will cross beatiful landscapes, forests, vineyards and nature parks. You will also visit a large number of Romanesque churches, medieval cities, rural and industrial heritage and the most important Romanesque monastery in Catalonia, Montserrat. Your route finishes in Barcelona city, with spectacular views of the coast and the inlands. Throughout the trip, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the rich Spanish gastronomy, with traditional regional cuisine and excellent wines.
Day 1. Welcome
We will transfer you from the airport to the hotel, where you will stay for the first night. We’ll hold the orientation session, where your bike will be specially fitted for you and you will be presented with all the documentation and things you need for your trip.
After the session, it is time to take a walk around the beatiful city of Vic.
Day 2. Catalonia countryside Distance: 41 Km.
After breakfast, you will then start your tour along small and quiet country paths, what allows you to experience the rural part of Catalonia. After reaching Collsuspina for a secondary road, you can enjoy a delicious lunch and have a beer. After the break, you will continue through very quiet rural paths until reaching your acommodation.
Day 3. To the vineyards Distance: 41 Km.
Today’s route will take you along the bestknown and the oldest tourist trail throughout Europe, the Camino of Santiago (the Way of Saint James). After reaching Santa Maria de l’Estany, with a fantastic Romanesque Monastery, the route will give you great views of the Pyreenes and the Catalan meadows. Before arriving at Món Sant Benet, you will stop at Abadal winery for a guided visit with wine tasting.
Day 4. Way of Saint James Distance: 34 Km.
Throughout this day, you will have the highline of Montserrat, which is approaching majestic as you ride by the Way of Saint James. The route starts down by the Llobregat river, where you have the opportunity to see one of the rural Jewels of Catalonia, the “tinas” (rural constructions for wine). Then, the route starts to climb up, looking for the mountain of Montserrat, through a forest path until reaching the Monastery. Acommodation in front of Montserrat Monastery.
Day 5. Back to modernism Distance: 36 Km.
The route of this days is plenty of contrasts and allows you to discover the industrial past of Barcelona region. With Montserrat near you, you will go down the river Llobregat following the traces of industrial heritage, until la Colonia Sedó. Your journey continue for some secondary roads that lead to Terrassa, where you will rest. We recommend you to visit the Modernism heritage of Terrassa.
Day 6. Meadows and beach Distance: 39 Km.
The last and the easiest day of the trail, you will pass through monuments uniques in Europe, as la Seu d’Egara in Terrassa, or the Romanesque Monastery of Sant Cugat… but the most surprising thing is the entrance to Barcelona through Collserola Park. Come and see the spectacular views of Barcelona, surrounded by hills and with the sea on the horizon!
Day 7 and 8. Barcelona (optional)
Barcelona is one of the most visited cities in Europe; the city offers a large range of options for entertainment and culture that includes museums, galleries, theatres, palaces, clubs and nightlife. It is for sure that Barcelona will satisfy all your requirements during your trip.
City bike tour: You will ride to the most important sights of Barcelona: the Gothic Quarter with the cathedral, the Old Harbour with the statue of Columbus, the Ciutadella Park, the Sagrada Familia, the Olimpic Port and Gaudi´s fabulous monuments.
Collserola bike tour: A nice riding about 34 hours around Collserola Park in Barcelona. You will start from the hotel to reach the path that leads you to Collserola Park. Collserola Park, with over 8,000 hectares, is a true green island in the middle of one of the most densely populated urban areas of the Mediterranean coastline.
Day 9. Barcelona Free day in Barcelona and transfer to the airport or the departure point.
The price includes:
- Welcome meeting by a local guide speaking English or French
- 7 nights accommodation in a double room with breakfast or halfBoard with nightly meals with water and wine at rural hotel, 3 and 4 hotels
- A guided and tasting visit to Abadal Winery
- GPS with everyday tracks and maps for each day
- All the touristic information about the route
- A telephone number in case of any problems
- The transport of belongings between overnight stays
- Transfer from Barcelona to Vic the first day (if you come with your own car you can leave the car in Barcelona) or from Barcelona airport to Vic.
Barcelona extension supplement, extra day biking:
- 1 extra day biking: 75 EUR double room
- 2 extra days biking: 150 EUR double room with breakfast
The price includes:
- 1 or 2 nights B&B accommodation
- Rental bike
The price does not include:
- Transfer to Barcelona or Girona airport the last day
- The tour is not accessible to persons of restricted mobility.
- We recommend comfortable shoes, Tshirt to get wet, hat and sun cream and bring a water bottle in summer.
- You should be the at them meeting point 15 minutes before the start time of the visit.
- Once your purchase, please contact Trek and Ride (Inytur 2010, SL) to confirm the dates of the booking and availability. The voucher will be valid only for the day booked.
- We offer you the opportunity to take out a travelassistance and/or cancellation insurance policy. (Check out the general and particular terms and conditions here)
- Cancellation Policy for activities:
- 48 hours before activity and no show 100% cancellation fees
- 3 to 20 days before departure 50% cancellation fees
- +21 Days before departure 0% cost of cancellation
(ID Nummer B86112448)