Cervera 1714 - guided tourConverted into town by King Felipe V, his University became the only one in Catalonia
Cervera, a village converted into a city in 1701 by King Felipe V.
Once the War of Succession was over, it began the construction of the University for excellence in Catalonia, as the other seven colleges had been abolished. We invite you to know this piece of architecture, its history, the city and everything that surrounds it.
Description of the Tourist Highlights and Tours to visit:
- Visit to CAT (Tourist Reception Centre) Museum: During the visit it will be showed an audio visual projection about the birth of Generalitat, the self-government of Catalonia.
- Historical and cultural tour of Cervera: First, the Mirador de la Pergol that offers a panoramic view of Cervera and its wall. Next, a visit the University of Cervera, one of the largest works of Catalan civil architecture in the XVIII century. The chapel or auditorium separates two of the three courtyards distributed throughout the building. The tour continues along Major street, where you can find unique buildings that without any doubt have had a glorious past. There can be seen manor houses such as Cal Sabater a shoes maker house or Campmany's marquis house. Finally, you reach the Paeria o Ajuntament de la Plaça Mayor (Town Council).
- Visit to the Campanar de Cervera,the bell tower: Located in the Gothic church of Santa Maria del Coll de les Sabines Six bells compose the set of sounds that are often heard. For over twenty years the school of Ringers (ring the bell players) has satisfied the willing of people all ages to play the bells for any event.
The price includes:
- Lunch in a restaurant of traditional cuisine.
- Visit to CAT Museum (Tourist Reception Centre). During the visit an audiovisual presentation about the birth of the Generalitat (Gouvernment of Catalonia) is projected.
- Guided visit: Between History and Legend, Cervera 1714, Cervera at the touch of bell.
The price does not include:
- Personal extras
- Any concept not expressly indicated
- The experience has a duration of 5 hours approximately.
- CAT (Tourist Reception Centre): Avinguda Francesc Macià, 78, E-25200 Cervera
- Visits are in English, Spanish and Catalan
- The experience is not accessible.
- Once purchased the service send email to confirm the reservation at Tu i Lleida, SL at least 3 days in advance. Any reservation request is subject to availability (minimum 2 persons to do the visit).
- Valid until 6 month of the purchase the visit.
- Redeem the printed voucher at the meeting point.
- 50% of total vanishes if the reservation less than 72 hours. 100% of the amount if s'anu.la less than 48 hours.
- On behalf of Tu i Lleida, SL. could not carry out the visit, the visit is validated for another date or refunded.
(ID Nummer G25290644)