Catllar Castle guided tourVisit the Interpretive Center of Baix Gaià castles and enjoy the panoramic views
Catllar Castle is the only castle border of Baix Gaià has been a museum and visited today.
It is located on the remains of a town protohistórico (s. VIII-V BC) on a hill overlooking a river meanders reading. Although traditionally dated to the eleventh century, when the river was the border between the Catalan counties and the kingdom of Al-Andalus, or even before, the preserved remains dating mainly from the twelfth to sixteenth.
The guided visit to the castle is mandatory.
During the visit to the castle, you start doing a tour outside the walled perimeter where you can walk inside the pit, watch the different phases of the wall and into the ice well (s. XVII). Once inside the castle has three visual help to understand the evolution of the fortifications throughout the centuries, their functions and make the process of recovery of monument from the late 90th century. Until the early twentieth century. Twenty-first when the council acquires the building. Finally climb up the tower to admire the view of the southern region.
The price includes:
- The guided visit
- Duration of the tour: 90 minutes approx.
- From 16/09 to 14/06: Saturday and Sunday at 10:15h and 12:15h
- From 15/06 to 15/09: Tuesday to Saturday, at 10:15h at 12:15h and 18h. Sundays at 10:15h to 12:15h.
- From 01/05 to 30/09: Saturdays, at 10:15h, at 12:15h and at 18h. On Sundays, at 10:15 a.m. and at 12:15 a.m.
- Information point located opposite the main entrance of the castle (Street Quintana del Castell s/n - El Catllar).
- Catalan, Spanish, English and French. The visual of the castle are in these languages.
- The monument is not ready for people with reduced mobility or with visual or hearing difficulties.
*Free: Teaching license (with students) and people with disabilities.
* If the reduced rate is selected, the supporting documentation must be presented at the meeting point.Consult here for more information.
- The voucher is valid exclusively reserved for the day and time.
- Deliver the voucher PRINTED on the meeting point (Point of information located opposite the main entrance of the castle).
- Cancellation: Cancellation without cost up to 24 hours before the visit. From that moment no money will be refunded.
(ID Nummer P4304400G)